ABOUT WEST BENGAL
- Wonderful West Bengal well known for its rich cultural and historical legacy.
- Politics and business is regarded as the ‘think-tank’ of India.
- The ‘intellectual capital of India’.
- This land of irrepressible Bengalis, who are considered to be the most appreciative audiences, connoisseurs of art and highly cultured people.
- Their love for travel, sports and food is also legendary.
- West Bengal is also recognized for the haunting Rabindra Sangeet and Durga Puja.
- It is also the only state in the country, which sprawls from the snowy summit of Himalayas in the north to temperate coastal plains in the south, so it’s an idle to visit West Bengal.
- Capital : Kolkata
- Area : 88,752 sq. kms.
- Population : 9,13,47,736 (2011)
- Languages : Bengali
- Best Season : October to March
- Famous :Art & Culture, Handicrafts & Handlooms, Durga Puja, Hill Station and Wildlife
Sunderbans National Park.