- Scenic Sikkim, the tiny mountainous state.
- Nestling in the heart of the eastern Himalayas.
- Dominated by Kanchenjunga Mountain.
- It between West Bengal, Nepal, China (Tibet) and Bhutan.
- Predominantly inhabited by the Lepchas, Bhutias and Nepalese.
- An enchanting medley of lofty peaks, verdant valleys, serpentine streams, holy lakes, ancient monasteries and a rich variety of flora and fauna.
- Capital : Gangtok
- Area : 7,096 sq. kms.
- Population : 6,13,000
- Languages : Nepali, Bhutia and Hindi
- Airport : Bagdogra Domestic Airport (IXB), 124 kms distance from Gangtok and Helicopter services are available between Bagdogra Airport to Gangtok.
- Rail : Well connected with New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, 125 kms from Gangtok.
- Road : Gangtok is connected to Siliguri by NH 31A. It can also be reached from Darjeeling (90 kms.) and Kalimpong (70 kms).