- Shekhawati region comprises of Jhunjhunun, Sikar and Churu districts of Rajasthan.
- Unique semi-arid region is also known as the ‘open-air art gallery’.
- No-where else one may come across such a profusion of exquisite wall paintings.
- Entire region teems with magnificent havelis, temples, cenotaphs, wells and forts adorned with fine frescoes.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Sanganer Airport, Jaipur (JAI), 114 kms away from Shekhawati.
- Rail: Shekhawati Railway Station, Shekhawati
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE
FORT & MONUMENTS
Sikar Nawalgarh Fatehpur Dundlod Lachhmangarh Mandawa Jhunjhunun
ATTRACTIONS OF SHEKHAWATI
- It was once the largest thikana (feudatory state) under the Jaipur State.
- Town surrounded by a wall is studded with palatial mansions.
- Magnificent temples noted for their beautiful wall paintings.
- Temple of Gopinath, Raghunath and Madan Mohan and the unique Biyani Haveli are of special interest.
- Home of country’s leading business tycoons has havelis adorned with some of the finest frescoes of Shekhawati.
- There are also two forts and a palace hotel.
- Beautiful temples with fine wall paintings are also worth visiting.
- It was founded in 15th century by Fateh Khan.
- Some of the finest havelis of the region.
- Best known are, the Goenka, Singhania, Devra, Jalan and Bharatiya.
- Famous for its fort, palace and the Goenka havelis.
- It was founded in early 19th century by Raja Lachhman Singh of Sikar.
- One of the best forts of the region.
- Ganeriwala or Char Chowk Haveli can be seen here.
- 18th century town predominated by a medieval fort and rugged hill.
- Important havelis are the chokhani, Ladia and Saraf.
- It was the capital of Shekhawati.
- Largest town of the region.
- Town has a number of artistically painted havelis.