- Rajasthan or Rajputana of old one of the most colourful and exotic of all Indian States.
- The legendary land strewn with tales of valour and sacrifices is an amazing assortment of history, culture, traditions, natural beauty, wildlife and friendly folks.
- Beautiful landscape varies from golden sand dunes to lush forests and lofty peaks to fertile plains.
- Littered with formidable forts, magnificent palaces, sprawling havelis, sacred shrines, graceful gardens, lovely lakes and exotic wildlife.
- A history of over five thousand years and origins shrouded in mythological legends, the State is literally a treasure house of history and archaeology.
- Every town is studded with formidable forts and magnificent palaces, which have been silent sentinels to the turbulent past of the region.
- State is well known for its rhythmic folk dances and music.
- Haunting music from the desert has become immensely popular.
- Colourfully dressed women wear beautiful jewellery, while men put on exotic turbans.
- Delectable cuisine is yet another attraction of the State.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Area: 3,42,239 sq. kms.
- Population: 6,85,48,437 (2011)
- Languages: Hindi, Rajasthani
- Best Season: October to March
- Famous For: Forts & Palaces, Golden Sand Dunes, Wildlife, Handicrafts, Culture and Heritage.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): 100 C to 270 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 220 C to 450 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 220 C to 350 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): 130 C to 300 C