ABOUT CHILIKA LAKE:
- Sprawling across an area of over 1,100 sq. kms.
- During monsoons is Asia’s largest brackish lagoon.
- During winters, it attracts over one million migratory birds and is perhaps the largest congregations of aquatic birds in the sub-continent.
- Boating and fishing facilities are available at the lake, which is very rich in fish.
- Other attractions are beautiful beach along Rajhansa and Sacred Kalijai temple.
- Chilika is also known for Sunset and Sunrise views.
- Airport : Biju Patnaik International Airport (BBI), 100 kms distance from Chilika Lake.
- Rail : Balugaon Railway Station, 2 kms on (Kolkata to Chennai route) distance from Chilika Lake.
- Road : Well connected with NH 5.
For more information visit https://odishatourism.gov.in/content/tourism/en/discover/attractions/lakes-waterfalls/chilika-nature-camps.html