- The ‘Silk City’ of Orissa is an important commercial center of the region.
- Well known for fine work on gold ornaments of southern design and delicious cuisine.
- Airport : Biju Patnaik International Airport (BBI), 179 kms distance from Berhampur.
- Rail : Well Connected.
- Road : Well connected with NH 5.
For more information visit https://odishatourism.gov.in/content/tourism/en/discover/major-cities/brahmapur.html
FAIRS AND FESTIVALS:
- On this day Rama killed Ravana as per the Holy Scriptures.
- Also called 'Vijaya Dasami'.
- It happens generally month of September / October.
HANDICRAFTS OF THE REGION:
Brass & Bell Metal:
- Fine engravings on brass and bell metal utensils, bronze bangles.
- Pots are important aspects of Orissan art.
- Artifacts made of metal, particularly brass, find pride of place in the homes of Orissa.
- Articles of Orissa are mystical and polished smooth and then shaped into various Corms.
- Cranes, lobsters, scorpions and birds made of horn are finished to a nicety.
- 30 kms from Berhampur.
- Famous for charming beach and bracing climate.
- The Sun, Surf and Sand amongst the green casuarina plantations a nature-loving tourist can enjoy.
- 16 kms from Berhampur.
- The tranquil sea side town has emerged as a fine beach resort.
- A trip to Gopalpur-on-sea is a rewarding experience of sun and sea, fun and frolick.
Taptapani Hot Springs:
- The water springs amidast lush forests are worth visiting.
- The hot water is channelized to a pond nearby to facilitate comfortable bathing.
- 32 kms from Berhampur.
- Hill top temple of Taratarini, the twin Goddesses, is endowed with immense natural beauty.
- The scenic beauty is further enhanced by river Rushikulya.