- The land of the Omiya’s, earlier known as Kalinga, is flanked.
- Eastern Ghats on the west and the Bay of Bengal in the East.
- ‘Jewel of the East’ endowed with some of the great wonders of India’s culture.
- Natural heritage is still largely unexplored and untouched by modernity.
- Blessed with nature’s bounty, the state is known for its beautiful beaches, temples, hot sulphur springs and Chilika Lake.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Area : 1,55,707 sq. kms.
Population : 43,122,537 (2013)
Languages : Oriya
Best Season : October to March
Famous : Temples, Beaches, Chilika Lake, Rath Yatra and Handicrafts.
- Airport : Biju Patnaik International Airport (BBI), 5 kms distance from Bhubaneswar City Center.
- Rail : Bhubaneswar Railway Station, 2 kms distance from Bhubaneswar City Center.
- Road : Well connected with NH 5.