- Attractive capital town of Mizoram.
- It is set on a ridge at an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level.
- Overlooking the lush green Tlawng River valley on its east.
- North are the beautiful craggy hills of Durtlang.
- Tropic of Cancer passes through this tranquil hill resort.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Lengpui Airport, Aizawal (AJL), 31 kms away from Aizawl city.
- Rail: Silchar Railway Station, Silchar, 184 kms away from Aizawl.
- Road: Well connected with NH 54.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE
Bung & Paikhai
MUSEUM & AUDITORIUM
Mizoram State Museum
PARK & GARDEN
Mini Zoological Garden
Bora Bazar Luangmual Handicraft Centre
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
- Chapchar kut festival
- Mim kut festival
- Pawl kut festival
- Thalfavang kut festival
For more information visit https://aizawl.nic.in/tourism/
ATTRACTIONS OF AIZAWL
Mizoram State Museum:
- It is set in the centre of the town.
- Houses of historical relic’s ancient costumes, textiles, exquisite artefacts and traditional implements.
- Main shopping area of Aizawal provides glimpses of Mizo lifestyle.
- Mizo’s in their traditional costumes trade their wares.
- Women weaving shawls can be seen at work, at the “Weaving Centre’’.
Mini Zoological Garden:
- Zoo at the Durtlang Hills is home to animals and birds found only in the hills of Mizoram.
- Durtlang Hills affords a panoramic view of Aizawl.
- Must visit site for a breathtaking view of the hills.
ATTRACTIONS AROUND AIZAWL
Bung & Paikhai:
- 15 kms away from Aizawal town.
- These cool breezy places are popular picnic and recreational sites.
Luangmual Handicraft Centre:
- 7 kms away from Aizawl town.
- “Khumbeu” the ceremonial bamboo hat made of waterproof wild ‘Hnahthial’ leaves.
- One of the most popular items of this centre.
- 85 kms away from Aizawl town.
- Largest Lake of Mizoram.
- Excellent picnic site of the region.
- It has facilities for boating.