- Misty Mizoram, the land of the “Blue Mountain” or the “Hill People’s Land”.
- Virtually under the cover of magnificent mountains and deep gorges.
- It perhaps the “most peaceful State of India”.
- Mizo society is practically free from divisions on the basis of caste, creed and sex.
- The second highest literate State of India.
- Mizo’s ate known for their numerous folk and community dances and are perhaps the finest choir singers in the North East.
- Nimble fingered craftsmen create exquisite handicraft and handloom articles.
- Beautiful remote State is also noted for its rich wealth of flora and fauna.
- Capital: Aizawal
- Area: 21,081 sq. kms.
- Population: 10,97,206 (2011)
- Languages: Sino-Tibetan
- Best Season: November to March
- Famous For: Magnificent Mountains, Rich Tradition, Flora & Fauna
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): 130 C to 280 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 170 C to 360 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 230 C to 320 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): 140 C to 300 C