- It is situated 600 meters altitude in the north-eastern region of Meghalaya.
- The headquarters of East Garo Hills District.
- Williamnagar lies on the banks of Simsang River.
- Williamnagar named after Captain Williamson first chief minister of Meghalaya.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Guwahati Airport (GAU) 174 kms from Williamnagar.
- Rail: Guwahati Railway Station 195 kms from Williamnagar.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
MAJOR SIGHT SEEING
|Sisobibra, Adokgre, Naka-Chikong, Resubelpara, Napak,Simsang River
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
ATTRACTIONS OF WILLIAMNAGAR
- 12 kms from Williamnagar on the way Tura-Williamnagar.
- A beautiful place on the banks of Simsang River.
- Situated on the Assam border 15 kms from Duphdara.
- First camp in Garo Hills when the Garos coming.
- 3 kms from Adokgre and 15 kms from Duphdara on the Assam border.
- Big rock is mythologically believed to be swarming with fishes.
- This place popular for worship and picnic.
- Located 15 kms from Williamnagar.
- There is a hot spring.
- 45 kms from Williamnagar.
- There is a lake formed by damming.
- Starts from Nokrek peak and runs towards east, passing through Rongrengiri, Williamnagar.
- Simsang River is known as Someshwari when it enters Bangladesh at Baghmara.