- Meghalaya, literally meaning ‘the abode of clouds’.
- The climatic phenomenon that brings torrents of rain to its mountains region.
- One of the most scenic beauty states of India.
- This virtual fairy land of lush rolling hills reminiscent of the Scottish moors receives plentiful rain.
- Its innumerable streams meandering through the hilly tracts, cascading waterfalls and placid lakes are a sight to behold.
- The land of Khasis, Jaintias, and Garo tribes, who have sill preserved their unique heritage and culture.
- Weaving, pottery, wood and stone carving, metal work and basketry are traditional village craft.
- The pristine beauty, salubrious climate and unique vegetation of Meghalaya make it a paradise for nature lovers and botanists.
- Capital: Shillong
- Area: 22,429 sq. kms.
- Population: 2,966,889 (2011)
- Languages: Khasi, Garo, Jaintia and English.
- Best Season: All Year Round Tourist Destination. Where even the monsoon provides the exhilaration and experience of being on the wettest place on the planet.
- Famous: Natural Beauty, Hilly Tracts, Cascading Waterfalls and Placid Lakes.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): 80 C to 170 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 130 C to 220 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 170 C to 230 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): 90 C to 170 C