- Border District and one of the gateways to the Asian countries.
- International trade centre of the state.
- A nice view of Manipur valley can be had from here.
- Clouds across the hills, whereas the landscape would be the same lush green.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Imphal Airport (IMF), 105 kms distance from Chandel.
- Rail: Dimapur Railway Station 305 kms and Jiribam Railway Station 315 kms from Chandel.
- Road: Well connected with NH 39.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
- Anal Festival
- Thadou Festival
- Kuki Festival
- Naga Festival
- Monsang Festival
For more information visit https://chandel.nic.in/
ATTRACTIONS OF CHANDEL
- An important trade point in India-Myanmar border.
- Today is known as the commercial capital of the state.
- Highest point on Imphal-Moreh Highway 20 kms from Chandel.
- An ideal place for tacking.
- Picturesque view of the Manipur Valley and full view of the valley if Myanmar.