- Magnificent Manipur, literally meaning a ‘’jeweled land ‘’.
- Studded with lush hills, emerald green valleys, turquoise lakes and deep dark woods.
- Lord Irwin described it as the ‘Switzerland of India’.
- Nehruji, called it the ‘’Jewel of India”.
- Manipur also proud of its rich culture and heritage.
- It epitomizes beauty and grace through Manipuri.
- World famous classical dance form and the equally captivating tribal dances noted for their colourful costumes.
- The exquisite handlooms and handicrafts of the State demonstrate the artistic and creative outlook of the Manipuri’s.
- Known for their rich sports and martial traditions.
- It is believed that the sport of Polo originated here, as Songol Kangjei (Manipuri Polo).
- Mukna Kangjei (Wrestling Hockey), Yubi Lakpir (Manipuri Rugby) is some of the other popular indigenous sports of Manipur.
- Capital: Imphal
- Area: 22,347 sq. kms.
- Population: 2,570,390 (2011)
- Languages: Manipuri
- Best Season: October to May
- Famous: Fascinating Lake, Green Hills and Landscape, Historic Monuments, Cultures and Tradition and Indigenous Sports Land.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February):
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May):
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September):
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December):