KANNHA (NATIONAL PARK)
ABOUT KANNHA (NATIONAL PARK):
- Park lies right in the heart of Kipling country, near the Wainganga River, of which Kipling wrote so vividly in his Jungle Book.
- Constituted into a National Park in 1955 and a Tiger Reserve was created in 1974.
- Kanha has been nominated as the ‘Best Maintained Tourist Friendly National Park’.
- It covers an area of 1208 sq. kms comprising of grasslands, sal groves and bamboo forests and is inhabited by 22 species of animals and 250 species of birds.
- This haven of tiger is also the only habitat of the rare hardground barasingha.
- Other animals seen here are panther, sambar, chital, gaur, black buck etc.
- Best time to visit February to June.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Jabalpur Airport, Jabalpur (JLR), 173 kms away from Kannha National Park
- Rail: Jabalpur Railway Station, Jabalpur, 152 kms away from Kannha National Park.
- Road: Well connected by road.