- Hindu pilgrim centre is perched at a height of 1065 metres amidst Vindhya and Satpura ranges.
- The sacred source of the rivers Narmada and Sone.
- According to the Puranas, it is necessary to bathe once in Ganga, thrice in Saraswati and seven times in the Yamuna River to attain salvation.
- Just the sight of Narmada relives one of all his sins.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Jabalpur Airport, Jabalpur (JLR), 228 kms away from Amarkantak.
- Rail: Pendra Road Railway Station, Pendra Road, 45 kms away from Amarkantak.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
Narmada Udgam Mandir
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
The Narmada Jayanti
For more information visit https://www.mptourism.com/destination-amarkantak.php
ATTRACTIONS OF AMARKANTAK
Narmada Udgam Mandir:
- Temple built at the source of the river Narmada is one of the holiest places in India.
- Temple enshrines an idol of goddess Narmada.
- Annual ‘Shivratri’ and ‘Nag Panchmi’ here attract thousands of pilgrims.