- Beautiful hill resort known as the ‘Queen of Chhotanagpur Plateau’ is perched at an altitude of 1,127 metres amidst thick forests.
- Summer retreat for British soldiers of Raj era is noted for its sylvan surroundings and bracing climate.
- The highest point on the plateau of Chhotanagpur and is the coolest town of the State.
- The Sal, Shisham and Mahua forest, gushing streams and orchids of pear, guava, litchi and papaya and to the beauty of this amazing resort.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi (IXR), 140 kms away from Netarhat town.
- Rail: Daltonganj Railway Station, Daltonganj, 125 kms away from Netarhat town.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE
Sunrise and Sunset Views View Tower
Palamu (Betla) National Park
ATTRACTIONS OF NETARHAT
- Sunrise and Sunset Views:
- Netarhat is noted for its fantastic sunrise and sunset views.
- View Tower:
- It lies near Forest Bungalow and affords a panoramic view Netarhat.
ATTRACTIONS AROUND NETARHAT
- Palamu (Betla) National Park:
- It lies about 58 kms away from Netarhat and 140 kms away from Ranchi.
- One of the earliest tiger reserves of India.
- Park sprawls over an area of 232 sq. kms and is home to the tiger, panther, sloth bear, wild bear, sambhar, nilgai, barking deer, mouse deer, gaur and chital etc.
- Elephants can be mostly seen after the monsoons, up to the time when water holes, begin to dry up in March.
- Park is also dotted with waterfalls, hot springs and historical monuments.
- Best time to visit from October to November and February to March.