- Spread tantalizingly over Chhotanagpur Plateau and Santhal Paragana is a land endowed with rare natural gifts.
- Came into existence on 15th November 2000 as the 28th State of the Indian Union.
- Homeland of tribes is full of stunning landscapes, majestic mountains, verdant valleys, serpentine rivers, wonderful, waterfalls, lush green forests and exotic wildlife.
- It seems as if Mother Nature has magnanimously bestowed much of its charm to the State and presents her best form – pure, pristine, picturesque and phenomenal.
- Mineral rich Chhotanagpur plateau accounts for over 41% of the country’s total mineral production.
- Thus large number of mineral based industries can be seen over here, which blend nicely with the landscape.
- Besides large mineral deposits, numerous rivers criss crossing the State are perfect for harnessing power.
- Rich forest resources are sure to make Jharkhand, the new epicentre of the Indian industry.
- This retreat of space and beauty has all the ingredients for a perfect off beat holiday.
- It is a must visit destinations for the natural lover’s and adventure enthusiasts.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Area: 79,714 sq. kms.
- Population: 3,29,88,134 (2011)
- Languages: Hindi
- Best Season: October to March
- Famous For: Rich Mineral Deposits, Tribal Culture, Wildlife, Natural Beauty.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): 90 C to 250 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 160 C to 350 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 220 C to 330 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): 90 C to 280 C