LAHAUL & SPITI
ABOUT LAHAUL & SPITI:
- Lahaul & Spiti district adjoining Ladakh is an entirely different world – snow bound and isolated from the outside world from over 9 months in a year.
- Inhospitable terrain full of glaciers and high altitude lakes is endowed with awe-inspiring beauty.
- Buddhism was introduced here in 7th century.
- People of the region have preserved their unique culture and heritage.
- District is dotted with over 53 monasteries, which are not merely the seats of religion but the founts of power and repositories of art and religious manuscripts.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Bhuntar (KUU), 160 kms away from Lahaul & Spiti.
- Rail: Chandigarh Railway Station, Chandigarh, 440 kms away from Lahaul & Spiti.
- Road: Well connected with NH 22.
FAIRS & FESTIVALS:
- Ghantal Festival
- Ladarcha Fair
For more information visit https://himachaltourism.gov.in/