- Headquarters of Spiti valley nestles.
- A height of 3,800 metres on the left bank of Spiti River about 197 kms from Keylong.
- Serves as a base for visiting the nearby monasteries.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Bhuntar (KUU), 250 kms away from Kaza.
- Rail: Chandigarh Railway Station, Chandigarh, 500 kms away from Kaza.
- Road: Well connected with NH 21.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
Kye (Ki) Monastery Tabo Monastery
For more information visit https://himachaltourism.gov.in/destination/
ATTRACTIONS AROUND KAZA
Kye (Ki) Monastery:
- 12 kms away from Kaza.
- Oldest and biggest monastery of Spiti valley.
- Set in a picture postcard setting.
- It house rare ‘thangka’ paintings, ancient musical instruments and manuscripts.
- 8 kms away from Kaza.
- Kye village is perched at a height of 4,205 metres.
- The highest settlement in the world with a motorable road and electricity.
- 50 kms away from Kaza.
- Famous gompa was founded in 996 A.D.
- Regarded as the ‘Ajanta of Himalayas’, due to its exquisite wall paintings and stucco statues.
- Second most important gompa after the Tholing Gompain Tibet.
- It has been declared as a ‘World Heritage Site’ by UNESCO.
- This large monastic complex has nine temples, 23 ‘chorten’ a monk’s chamber and a nuns chamber besides several caves and contemporary structures.
- It houses a large collection of scriptures, wall paintings and murals.