ABOUT HIMACHAL PRADESH:
- Himachal or the ‘Land of Snow’ is a veritable paradise endowed with great natural beauty and spiritual calm.
- Verdant valleys surrounded by lofty snow-capped peaks, roaring rivers rushing through gorges or flowing placidly in the valleys, dense forests of deodar and oak, flowering meadows, glaciers.
- High altitude lakes literally brings an ethereal other worldly beauty at your door steps.
- No doubt, this ‘Himachal Jewel’ is a tourist’s dream and delight.
- Simple, peace-loving people of Himachal Pradesh are renowned for their honesty, tolerance and hospitality.
- Each village has its own traditional deity.
- State is dotted with thousands of temples and is also called as the ‘Dev Bhoomi’ or the abode of gods.
- Himachal is also a land of colourful fairs and festivals which are unique in style and attractive in display.
- Most important fairs are Minjar of Chamba, Shivratri of Mandi, Dussehra of Kullu, Lavi of Rampur and Renuka of Sirmaur.
- Beautiful state also provides great opportunity to adventure and fun seekers.
- An ideal place for activities like trekking, mountaineering, fishing, river rafting, skiing, para-gliding, ice-skating and golf.
- A visit to this enchanting land is the most relaxing and satisfying experience.
- Capital: Shimla
- Area: 55,673 sq. kms.
- Population: 6,864,602 (2011)
- Languages: Hindi, Pahari
- Best Season: April to October
- Famous For: Natural Beauty, Temples, Adventure Sports, Apples.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): -20 C to 120 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 30 C to 250 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 110 C to 270 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): -10 C to 220 C