ABOUT MORNI HILLS:
- Morni Hills, the only hill resort of Haryana, lies on the foot hills of Shivalik ranges.
- Idyllic hill retreat is a ‘paradise’ for nature lovers.
- Two lakes and Ghaggar River are the main attractions for the tourist.
- Lakes are separated by a hillock but are believed to be interconnected through a hidden channel that always keeps the same water level in both the lakes.
- A 12the century shrine dedicated to the Hindi Trinity is located on the banks of the lake.
- Morni Hills are also a delight for wildlife enthusiasts and bird watchers.
- One can see animals like, jackal, langur, hare, hyena, neelgai, sambar, barking deer (kakad) and even leopards in the jungles around Morni Hills.
- Commonly sighted birds here are blue peafowl, khalij pheasant, red jungle fowl, quails, Himalayan bulbul etc.
- Region is also ideally suited for trekking.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Chandigarh Airport, Chandigarh (IXC), 50 kms away from Morni Hills town.
- Rail: Chandigarh Railway Station, Chandigarh, 50 kms away from Morni Hills town.
- Road: Well connected by road.