- Graceful city of magnificent palaces, museum, splendid temples, lush gardens, shady avenues.
- World renowned institutions of learning are perhaps the de-facto cultural capital of Gujarat.
- Served as the capital of princely Gaekwads III (1885 – 1920).
- A great patron of art and learning is said to be the golden era of Vadodara.
- Today, the city on the banks of river Vishwamitri.
- Industrial and commercial centre and is also regarded as the ‘Industrial Capital’ of Gujarat.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Civil Airport Harni, Vadodara (BDQ), 5.5 kms away from Vadodara city centre.
- Rail: Vadodara Railway Station, Vadodara, 1 km away from Vadodara city centre.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE
FORT & MONUMENTS
Maharaja Sayajirao University Nazarbaugh Palace
Kirti Mandir Dakshinamoorthy Temple Dakor Kayavarohan Pavagadh Suklatirth
MUSEUM & AUDITORIUM
Vadodara Museum & Picture Gallery
PARK & GARDEN
Sayaji Baug Ajwa & Nimeta
ATTRACTIONS OF VADODARA
- Vadodara Museum & Picture Gallery:
- It was founded by Sayajirao III in 1894 and is one of the finest museums is Asia.
- Maharaja Sayajirao University:
- Prestigious university was set-up by Maharaja Sayajirao in 1840.
- Campus is noted for its architectural grandeur.
- Sayaji Baug:
- Public garden with an excellent zoo is the heart throb of Vadodara.
- Nazarbaugh Palace:
- It was built in 1721 and is noted for the ‘Sheesh Mahal’ or mirror palace made in old classical style.
- Kirti Mandir:
- It is adorned with murals painted by Nandlal Bose.
- Dakshinamoorthy Temple:
- It was constructed by EME School in the cantonment area.
- Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is set amidst five banyan trees and is unique in concept and design.
ATTRACTIONS AROUND VADODARA
- Ajwa & Nimeta:
- 20 kms away from Vadodara city.
- Twin gardens hare are designed on the lines of famous Brindavan Gardens of Mysore.
- There is also an amusement park and nearby.
- 80 kms away from Vadodara city.
- The second most sacred town in Gujarat, after Dwarka, for the devotees of Lord Krishna.
- 29 kms away from Vadodara city.
- Pilgrim site is associated with Lord Lakulish (Shiva).
- Main attractions are, the idol of Lakulish, a Shivalinga and pictures showing various yoga forms.
- 51 kms away from Vadodara city.
- Sacred hill of Pavagadh, near Champaner is Jain Temples, a Kali temple and a fort on the hill.
- 87 kms away from Vadodara city.
- Known for the legendary shrine of Lord Vishnu, on the banks of river Narmada.
- An annual fair is held in November.