- Ancient port town is the birth place of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation.
- Present day town was established by Rana Sartanji in 1785.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Keshod Airport, Keshod (IXK), 42 kms away from Porbandar city.
- Rail: Porbandar Railway Station, Porbandar, 3.5 kms away from Porbandar city centre.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
FORT & MONUMENTS
Gandhiji’s House & Kirti Mandir
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
- Mer Dandiya Ras
- Gandhi Jayanti.
For more information visit https://porbandar.nic.in/culture-heritage/
ATTRACTIONS OF PORBANDAR
Gandhiji’s House & Kirti Mandir:
- Gandhiji was born in 1869, at his ancestral house over here.
- Today, it is a national monument and open for public viewing.
- Adjacent house, called as Kirti Mandir has a Gandhian library and a prayer hall.
- It is the only temple of Sudama, the childhood friend of Lord Krishna.