- Charming Chhattisgarh, the beautiful land locked island of tranquillity.
- Predominantly inhabited by peace loving tribes and major ethnic and eco-destination of the country.
- A land ‘full of surprises’, is endowed with rich forest reserve and mineral wealth.
- Baster, the ‘jewel of Chhattisgarh’ boasts of dense forest, beautiful water falls, wildlife and diversified tribal culture.
- Various dynasties like Maurya, Satvahana, Vakatak, Guptavansh, Kalchuri’s (Haihayvanshi) have been associated to the region.
- The rhythmic folk music, dances and dances and dramas are a treat to watch and also provide an insight into the culture of the State.
- Most famous dance-drama of the State is Pandwani, which is a musical narration of the great Hindu epic Mahabharata.
- Raut Nacha (folk dance of cowherds), the Panthi and Soowa are some of the other famous dance styles of the region.
- Enchanting land teeming with virgin natural beauty and magnificent monuments can also become a leading tourist destination of the country.
- Unique tribal culture along with intricately carved shrines, caves, majestic forts, palaces.
- All the splendid scenic beauty will certainly leave an indelible mark on the memories of a traveller to this “land of plenty”.
- Capital: Raipur
- Area: 1,36,034 sq. kms.
- Population: 2,55,45,198 (2011)
- Languages: Hindi
- Best Season: October to March
- Famous For: Tribal Culture, Scenic Beauty, Waterfalls.
- Climate (Temperature):
- Winter (January and February): 100 C to 250 C
- Pre Monsoon (March, April and May): 160 C to 400 C
- Monsoon (June, July, August and September): 210 C to 280 C
- Post Monsoon (October, November and December): 100 C to 280 C