- Town's main feature is the water body from which it takes its name.
- The ancient capital of the Assam.
- On its banks are three temples.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION
- Airport: Jorhat Airport (JRS), 55 kms from Sivasagar.
- Rail: Simalugiri Railway Station, 19 kms from Kaziranga.
- Road: Well connected with road, 360 kms from Guwahati.
FAIRS & FESTIVALS:
ATTRACTION OF SIVASAGAR
- Most important of the three temples.
- Dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
- A large number of devotees especially on Shivaratri.
- Probably the tallest Shiva temple in the country.
- Dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu.
- Greater number of visitors during Dol.
- Dedicated to the Hindu Goddess of Durga
- Durga Puja, the most important festival celebrated twice a year (April or May) and (September or October).
- Joysagar, Gaurisagar and Rudrasagar.
- Rang Ghar, an oval shaped amphitheater.
- Talatol Ghar, a unique palace with three underground floor and secret tunnels.
- Ahom Museum, displaying artefacts of the Sivasagar rulers.