KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK
- First National Park of Assam.
- World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
- Spread over 439 sq. kms.
- Lush, dense forest area on the southern banks of Brahmaputra.
- Famous home of the great Indian one-horned Rhinoceros.
- Others animal seen here are – elephant, bison, tiger, leopard, hog deer and barasingha etc.
- Birds seen here are – cranes, flamingoes, hornbills, ibis, cormorants, egrets, heron fishing eagles etc.
- Best season to visit is from November to April.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION
- Airport: Jorhat Airport (JRS), 96 kms from Kaziranga.
- Rail: Furkating Railway Station, 75 kms from Kaziranga.
- Road: Well connected with NH 37, Buses available from Guwahati (217 kms), Tezpur and Jorhat.
ATTRACTION OF KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK