- East Himalaya Paradise is perched majestically at a height of about 11,000 feet’s.
- Amidst towering snow capped peaks.
- Town is now studded with all modern amenities.
- Firstly emerging as a dream destination for nature lovers and sightseers.
- It has always been a Buddhist pilgrim site and is a life time destination for the Buddhist living India.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Tezpur Airport (TEZ), 365 kms distance from Tawang.
- Rail: Rangapara Railway Station 375 kms from Tawang.
- Road: Well connected by road and 180 kms from Bomdila.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
MUSEUM & AUDITORIUM
|Sangetsar Lake (Madhuri Lake), PTSO Lake
|Tawang Monastery,Urgelling Monastery
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
- Cheokar Cheokar
- Dukpa Tse-She
- Saka Dawa
- Gaden Ngamchoe
For more information visit https://tawang.nic.in/tourism
ATTRACTIONS OF TAWANG
- Gelugpa (Yellow Hat) sect was founded by Mera Lama.
- Major attraction of Tawang.
- Stands on a spur overlooking the Tawang Valley.
- The main hall of the monastery is the prayer room.
- Traditional folk dances are performed here by the monks as a part of religious rituals.
- The Parkhang hall houses the library which contains rare hand written and block printed Buddhist manuscripts of immense religious value.
- Monastery complex is also a great repository of exquisite Buddhist artefacts, painting and sculptures.
- The gold plated, eight meter high bronze statue of Lord Buddha seated on a platform is one of the finest sculpture in the shrine.
- The birth place of the 6th Dalai Lama.
- It enshrines his footprints and fingerprints.
- Surrounded by the graceful Himalayas and the picturesque Tawang-Chu valley.
- Beautiful masks, hand-woven carpets, thangkas and siver jewellery etc. can be purchased from here.
Sangetsar Lake (Madhuri Lake):
- 42 kms from Tawang.
- One of the most impressive lakes of Tawang.
- Popularly known as Madhuri Lake by tourists.
- Surroundings rare avi-fauna like snow pigeon and musk deer.
- 16 kms from Tawang.
- It is a picturesque landscape.
- Thin sheet of white ice sat on Lake.