ABOUT ALONG (AALO):
- A small town and headquarter of West Siang district.
- Picturesque valley extremely beautiful as the scenic grandeur.
- The Sipu Rivers and Yomgo Rivers flowing through it.
- Famous for the works of bamboo and cane.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Along Airport (IXV) and Helicopter Services are also available.
- Rail: Silapathar Railway Station 150 kms from Along.
- Road: Well connected by NH 52 that links the town with Pasighat 95 kms from Along.
ATTRACTIONS OF ALONG (AALO)
- Patum Bridge:
- Built over the Siyom or Yomgo River.
- 146 meter long cable bridge.
- One can see from the bridge entire city is spectacular.
- During winters the amazing snow clad mountains behind.
- A beautiful collection of tribal bamboo work, cane work handlooms, pottery, agricultural tools, wood carvings and traditional tribal artefacts.
- Displays tribal weapons, swords, narrate the cultural heritage and lifestyle of the tribes.
- Main attraction of the museum is the dummies wearing the handlooms.
- Donyi-Polo Temple:
- Started in the year 1989.
- An attempt to preserve culture and faith in the state.
- Centre aims at attaining equality by worshipping the Moon and the Sun.
- There is a prayer hall and a meditation room.