1 Night / 2 Days
Day 1 : Arrival at Junagadh
Arrival at Junagadh, check in to the hotel. Afterwards, visit:
- Ashoka edicts, a site with an inscription of fourteen Edicts of Emperor Ashoka is found on a large boulder on the way to mount Girnar.
- Damodar kund is situated at the foothills of Mountain Girnar and is considered holy by the Hindus pertaining to certain myths and legends. The ghat at the lake is used to cremate dead bodies and the water is believed to have properties to dissolve bones. The lake also has a temple and many poojas are performed at the site.
Back to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 : Junagadh Sightseeing
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and visit:
- Uparkot fort, is over 2300 years old, with walls up to 20m high in some places, there used to be a 300 ft. deep moat inside the walls which reportedly used to be inhabited by crocodiles for the fort's protection.
- Adi-kadi Vav & Navghan Kuwo are the two famous stepwells located within the Uparkot Fort. While the former was built by two slave girls of the Chudasama kingdom, the latter came into being much before the Adi-kadi Vav.
- Darbar hall museum, The former residencial palace of the rulers of Junagadh was later converted into a magnificent Darbar Hall Museum exhibiting the splendid possessions of the 19th century Nawabs.
- Jain temples, are all unique yet similar in architecture and style.
In the evening, proceed for the departure.