- Senapati District is located in the northern part of Manipur.
- A new township 62 kms from Imphal.
- People enjoy harmonious life in the town.
- One of the ancient centers of art and culture of the local tribes.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Imphal Airport (IMF), 65 kms distance from Senapati.
- Rail: Dimapur Railway Station 155 kms and Jiribam Railway Station 275 kms from Senapati.
- Road: Well connected with NH 39.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
Mao,Dzuko Valley, Sadu Chiru Waterfalls, Megalith at Willong
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
For more information visit https://senapati.nic.in/
ATTRACTIONS OF SENAPATI
- Oldest hill station in the State located on the Manipur Nagaland border 107 kms from Imphal.
- Granary of the surrounding villages and the gateway of the state.
- Beautiful green valley and the most picturesque place.
- Highest peak of Manipur Mount.
- Valley can be reached by trekking from the border town of Mao.
- Observe snowfall in winter and budding flowers of Dzuko lily in spring season.
- A sacred place of the entire region.
- The historical place famous for sacred banyan trees, farewell monolith, hailstorm stone, village settlement stone, lucky stone etc.
Sadu Chiru Waterfalls:
- Situated at sadar hill area 27 kms from Imphal.
- Enjoy the view of the waterfall and surrounding natural beauty.
- The first fall about 30 meters high.
- On the side is situated Agape Park.
Megalith at Willong:
- Situated on the Maram-Peren Road 37 kms from NH 39.
- Home to a stone erection very similar to Stonehenge.
- Some of the tallest stones are 7-8 meters tall and 1-1.5 meters thick.