Call at : +91 9650722492
Book a cab in 3 easy steps
- Magnificent Manali, one of the most popular hill resorts of the country.
- It is set picturesquely on the confluence of Manalsu and Beas rivers.
- Surrounded by snow clad peaks and thick forest and fruit laden orchids.
- Mythological legends indicate that the name Manali is derived from ‘Manu-alaya’, the home of Manu, the great Hindu law giver.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Chandigarh International Airport (IXC), Chandigarh, 312 kms away from Manali.
- Rail: Kalka Railway Station, Kalka, 280 kms from Manali city, Chandigarh Railway Station, Chandigarh, 305 kms away from Manali city, Pathankot Railway Station, Pathankot, 310 kms away from Manali city.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
- Solang Valley
- Rohtang Pass
- Hadimba Devi Temple
- Manu Temple
- Tibetan Monasteries
- Vashista Hot Spring & Temple
ATTRACTIONS OF MANALI
Hadimba Devi Temple:
- Pagoda style shrine surrounded by thick deodar trees.
- Dedicated to goddess Hadimba or Hirma Devi.
- Built in 1553, by Raja Bahadur Singh and is the main attraction of Manali.
- It is the only temple dedicated to the legendary sage.
- There are 3 monasteries, two of them are in the town and one at Aleo on the left bank of Beas River.
- Tibetan handicraft and carpets can be purchased here.
- It lies on the left bank of river Beas.
- Imparts training courses in trekking, mountaineering, skiing and water sports.
Vashista Hot Spring & Temple:
- The village on the left bank of river Beas towards Rohtang Pass.
- Known for hot springs and temple of Vashist Muni.
ATTRACTIONS AROUND MANALI
- 6 kms away from Manali town.
- It was once the capital of Kullu state.
- Known for the ancient temples of Lord Shiva.
- Sandhya Gayatri built in Shikhara style.
- 13 kms away from Manali town.
- Valley extending from Solang village to Beas Kund is a veritable paradise for nature lovers.
- Breathtaking views of snow clad peaks.
- Glaciers make it one of the finest picnic spots in the Kullu valley.
- Winter skiing festival is organised in the valley.
- 51 kms away from Manali town.
- Gorgeous gateway to Lahaul Spiti, Pangi and Leh valley is set at an altitude of 3979 meters.
- Highway to Keylong/ Leh passes over this pass of about 1 km.
- Opens for vehicular traffic generally from May to October.
- Breathtaking beauty of the mountains flanking the pass, the glaciers and Chandra river flowing down the Lahaul valley leaves a lasting impression on the visitors.