Call at : +91 9650722492
Book a cab in 3 easy steps
- Alluring Alwar set in the lap of Aravalli ranges.
- Ancient city is one of the oldest in the State.
- Its numerous pre-historic and historic sites are an archaeologist’s delight.
- A paradise for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Present town was founded in 11th century by Maharaja Alguhraj.
- Its strategically important location lured the foreign powers, but, the adventurous and valiant people of Alwar always guarded their freedom zealously.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI), Jaipur, 148 kms away from Alwar.
- Rail: Alwar Railway Station, Alwar, 2 kms away from Alwar city centre.
- Road: Well connected by road. 150 kms from Jaipur and 170 kms from Delhi.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
- Bala Quila
- City Palace
- Vinay Vilas Palace
- Moosi Maharani Chhatri
- Siliserh Lake & Palace
- Purjan Vihar or Company Garden
|MUSEUM & AUDITORIUM
- City Palace
- Government Museum
ATTRACTIONS OF ALWAR
- Ancient fort perched on a steep cliff is said to be constructed by Nikumbh Rajputs in 928 AD.
- Huge fort extends about 5 kms from north to south and 1.6 kms from east to west.
- Provides a breathtaking view of the city below.
- 14th century palace set in the heart of the city.
- A fine blend of Mughal and Rajput architectural styles.
- Palace museum housed in one of its apartments exhibits a rich collection of rare manuscripts, paintings, objects made out of jade, ivory, silver etc.
- A large collection of weapons.
- It has probably the richest treasure of Rajput.
- Mughal paintings of 18th and 19th centuries.
- Some rare and ancient manuscripts.
Vinay Vilas Palace:
- Magnificent garden palace was the residence of Maharja Vinay Singh.
- Today, the palace houses a college.
Moosi Maharani Chhatri:
- Impressive cenotaph (Chhatri) on the banks of Sagar Lake was built in the memory of Bakhtawar Singh’s mistress.
- Picturesque ‘Sagar’ lake is a concrete catchment, with a pattern of stairs.
- Tiny kiosks in perfect symmetry along the sides.
Purjan Vihar or Company Garden:
- Beautiful garden was laid during the reign of Maharaja Shiv Dan Singh in 1868.
ATTRACTIONS OF AROUND ALWAR
Siliserh Lake & Palace:
- Summer retreat of the erstwhile royal family lies on the Jaipur road, 13 kms away from Alwar city.
- Amidst sylvan surroundings replete with nature’s bounty.
- Tranquil lake sprawls over an area of about 10.5 sq. kms.
- Surrounded by thick forest.
- Magnificent cenotaphs grace the embankment the lake.
- A royal Hunting Lodge/ Palace was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh for his queen Shila in 1845.
- It has now been converted into the Hotel Lake Palace.
- Boating and sailing facilities are available.